The Malcolm Blue House was built during the second quarter of the nineteenth century by Malcolm McMillan Blue, a farmer and civic leader in rural Moore County. Blue's father and grandfather came to North Carolina in the l760s as part of the mass migration of Scottish highlanders. Blue donated land near his farm for the 1860 Bethesda Church (NR) and served as an elder in the historic old Presbyterian congregation for forty years. His house, a vernacular interpretation of late Federal and modest Greek Revival architecture, is one of the c~unty's oldest buildings and possesses strong local architectural significance. With its collection of early twentieth century outbuildings it also forms a farm complex representative of rural life in the Sandhills region and today, as a living history farm, provides an educational and historical focal point for the community.